Support CMLC by eating at Mountain Deli (343 Main St.) and The Green Room (536 N. Main St.) and by shopping at both Hendersonville's Mast General Store (527 N. Main St.) and Shelley's Jewelry (429 N. Main St.) on Land Trust Day: Saturday, June 4th, 2016.
In support of land conservation in western North Carolina, Mountain Deli, The Green Room Cafe and Coffeehouse, Mast General Store (Hendersonville location only), and Shelley's Jewelry, will donate up to 20% of June 4th's sales to CMLC!
Why is National Land Trust Day Important? Land Trusts help to do the following:
1. Protect water quality - Keeping our streams, watersheds, and drinking water clean.
2. Protect scenic views - Keeping our mountaintops and valleys beautiful.
3. Protect local public parks, such as Chimney Rock Park and DuPont SRF - Helping create public lands and continuing to buffer their boarders for their protection.
4. Protect farms and local food - Helping protect productive agricultural soils. Henderson Country is one of the most important agricultural counties in WNC.
5. Protect the unique plants and animals - Helping to keep the ladyslippers, salamanders, and other plants and animals in a safe, protected habitat.
6. Create new places for recreational activities, such as Florence Nature Preserve and the Hickory Nut Gorge - Allows CMLC and other organizations to offer special hikes and outings.
Browse Mast General Store online and Shelley's Jewelry online now to find out what catches your eye for your in-store purchase on June 4th. Also, be sure to bring your appetite and enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch at Mountain Deli and The Green Room all in support of land conservation and CMLC!
For more information, please contact CMLC Donor Relations Manager Laura Pocock at email@example.com or 828-697-5777 ext 203.