- Protected Areas
- Support CMLC
- Get Involved
- Landowner Resources
- News & Events
We're Hiring a Southeast Regional Director
Southeast Regional Director
This Polk County-based position ensures a coordinated fundraising strategy with the Hendersonville office and leads community engagement efforts in the southeast service region.
In close coordination with the Executive Director and other staff:
• Advance the mission of the conservancy in its southeast region
• Initiate and deepen relationships with various community stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, and partnering organizations
• Serve as conservancy liaison with community leaders, local media, elected officials, and agency staff
• Build financial support from Polk and neighboring counties through individual and business memberships, major gifts and planned gifts
• Identify and pursue grant opportunities including research, proposal writing, administration and reporting
• Refine conservation priorities in the region and assist in acquisition of new land and conservation easements
• Build on the strong foundation of existing southeast region volunteer programs and further grow the base of volunteer support
• Develop and coordinate the conservancy’s southeast region advisory council
• Advance the conservancy’s community engagement goals by reaching out to diverse constituencies and finding opportunities to change lives through conservation
• Supervise Tryon office administration staff and volunteers
• Other duties as needed
Essential Job Requirements:
Proven success with building non-profit community support; successful grant-writing experience; familiarity with Polk and adjoining parts of Greenville and Spartanburg counties; familiarity with land conservation desirable.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills reflected in an ability to work effectively with professional colleagues, supporters, and stakeholders in a team-oriented environment; a high degree of detail orientation, commitment to accuracy, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once; highly proficient with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use various software; ability to work independently with minimal management oversight; a commitment to professional growth and responsibilities, unquestioned integrity and fiscal accountability, ability to plan and achieve long and short-term goals; exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work at a computer, sit for extended periods of time, operate office equipment, attend meetings outside of the office.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This job description does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from the job description, as assigned.
Full-time position-40 hours per week. Competitive pay commensurate with experience; health benefits; retirement benefits; supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development.
Send resume, cover letter, and references by email to:
Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy
847 Case Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Open until filled.
Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy is and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy (CMLC) prohibits any discrimination in carrying out its mission on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. This includes all programs, projects, events and any other related activity sponsored by CMLC.
CMLC recognizes and honors diverse cultures and traditions. CMLC proactively seeks individuals for all aspects of its work from varied backgrounds for the greater enrichment of the organization. It is the goal of CMLC to have a membership, staff, volunteer base, and board that reflects the diversity of ethnic and demographic groups of our service area, and for CMLC programs to encourage involvement of groups that are underrepresented in CMLC.